Which one of these photos is NOT the Fish River Canyon of Namibia?
FACT: After the Grand Canyon of the United States, the Fish River Canyon of Namibia ranks largest in size.
Here are a few more facts for the trivia buffs, which are a little harder. Identify Fish River Canyon of Namibia or Grand Canyon of the USA for each item.
- Has a maximum depth of 550 meters
- Is 1609 meters at its deepest
- Began forming about 6 million years ago
- Was formed about 500 million years ago
- Measures about 161 kilometers in length
- Measures about 445 river kilometers in length
- Maximum width of 24.14 kilometers
- Is 27 kilometers in width, at its widest
- Is a stunning sight
- Ancient Pueblo people lived there
- Ancestors of the Khoi people lived there
- Is a UNESCO World Heritage Site